April 19, 2008

No baby yet

We're down to only a few days before the due date (April 29)! And in the meantime, we have done a few things. Like, I added links to news stories to the column on the right, just above the little box that plays music for you. Since we are in an election year, I though it would be good to link to stories about the candidates. So, if you are tired of reading our stuff, click on either Obama, Clinton, or McCain to see a list of articles about them. Then go read them and get informed!

In other news, we went to the Zoo today. Cara got a Zoo membership for a Christmas present, so she'd have a fun place to take our daughter while I'm at school. We walked around a lot, trying to induce labor. It didn't work, but here's Cara looking great in the Bird House with a wierd stork-like creature:



And here's me with some parrots.


And lastly, I saw this the other day and thought it was funny. I walk to school everyday, and Aurora is totally re-vamping the whole area around the medical school, updating it. A lot of the buildings they are tearing down are old, and so are full of asbestos and lead and such. I guess they have to remove the offending materials before they bring out the bulldozers. Anyway, I walk past this old by-the-hour motel every day on my way to class:


Don't see what's do funny? Look closer.



Closer.


There! Hah hah! Now, I can understand why you would need your drug-lab cleanup to be clandestine, but putting it up on your sign, in big letters, on one of the busiest streets in Denver, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? If I see this company parked in front of my neighbors, all my suspicions will be confirmed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cara and Dave you both look so great at the zoo!!I love your pictures, I should show them to Benjamin and Christian, I think they would love them too! I can't wait to see your baby, I know she will be beautiful! I really love all the fascinating things you put in your blog!
Love ya Debbie Davis =0)

Oveson's said...

you are a brave women. I would not let my husband come 20 feet away from me with a camera when I was that far along unless he wanted to die. You are so cute pregnant though. So I have to say the zoo pass is the best. We love our zoo pass and we should totally have a zoo day!! Super exciting!!

Christine said...

Maybe they're banking that clandestine drug lab operators won't have a clue what clandestine means.

Cute pictures - plan something fun if your baby decides to be fashionably late. It kept me from going crazy on my due date! Hope yours makes a timely arrival! :)

Anonymous said...

I think it is the drug lab that is clandestine, not the clean-up. Meth labs are called "clandestine." Hmm, did I just ruin a good joke? I think so. Sorry, Dave.

Steph said...

Do you know where the reflexology point for stimulating the uterus is? Check out this chart, if you don't know.

http://www.ofesite.com/health/reflex/chart/feet3.gif

It's point # "42 or 43" in the top picture. Just use your finger and rotate a small circle on that point. It could send Cara into labor. It's worth a try!