April 26, 2008

Layla Photos

So we came home from the hospital today, FINALLY! Both of us were expecting a stay of only a day and a half or so, so after three days of wearing the same thing we were pretty excited to be let out from our room. Holy smokes, we are exhausted. But here's some pics for all of you:

Here's Layla where she's about, oh, 30 seconds old or so. The docs plucked her from Cara's abdominal cavity and swept her over to her own little baby bed really fast, and towelled her off even faster. This is the only shot I got where there weren't flying towels in the way.


All clean!


Cara meets Layla for the first time. I don't know why Layla looks so grumpy. Oh wait, yes I do... if I were just ripped from a warm and comfortable place into a bright, noisy, cold room full of strange smells and textures, I would be grouchy too. Cara was pretty hopped up on drugs at this point, as the docs were still working on her.


First family photo! I like these candid shots better than thosed posed ones you get done at Super Walmart. But I guess now that we have a kid, we'll have to start doing those now.


Layla in the Recovery Room, about 2 hours old


With mom


With dad


All strapped in, ready to go home!


_____________________________________

Here's Layla with all the people who came to visit us in the hospital. Thanks to all of you! You really made those days great!

With Grandma Suzy, wrapped up as a baby burrito


With Grandpa Quentin. She's making a funny face because he's pinching her.


With Grandma Kathy. First granddaughter for her!


With Grandpa Rod. Due to the legalities of matrimony and given the statement accompanying the above picture, it follows that, yes, Layla is the first granddaughter for him, too


With Aunt Celeste and Uncle Travis


With Uncle Derrick and Aunt Mary


With Aunt Stephanie, who just got back from Hawaii that very morning


With Aunt Cami


With Aunt Caylee. I hope she washed her hands before this photo was taken


With Blake and Kate, friends from Dave's school


With her cousins Brandon and Aiden


Well, now that we don't have a room full of nurses to call and take Layla away if she gets fussy and mad, I guess we better get to bed if we want any sleep tonight....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, I miss seeing you in class. I miss your beautiful (thinning) hair, the way your t-shirt stretches tight across your abdomen, and your friendly comments to me during breaks. All seriousness aside, congrats to both of you! You guys have an absolutely beautiful kid there, and I hope to meet her soometime!

Christine said...

Oh my, she is gorgeous!!! What a beautiful little girl! Good job you two. Oh, and Cara is looking great - I hope you're getting some rest!

Oveson's said...

Yea!!!! I love all of the photos. By the way cara I totally feel for you in the family photo that you are totally druged up. You have got to love that feeling. Congrads guys. That is so awesome!!! Girls are the best!!

Becca said...

So cute. Which son do you want her to marry? We have four to choose from, but I would recommend one close in age, Owen or Jack. Let me know. We don't require a large dowry. :)

Jamie & Ryan said...

Congrats, guys! Ryan and I are so happy for you! It's hard to believe that you're already parents... we're getting behind in the game!

Rachel Jabaily said...

Those pics seriously made me cry. A beautiful family...congrats again!

Kanicula said...

Sweet!!!!! Love it!!!! Layla is beautiful! Love that name!!!


I put a comment in a different spot but I think I got it right this time.

Maureen said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful!

Steph said...

Love the pics! She's so beautiful! Let us know if you need some dinner sometime!

Anonymous said...

OH She is sooo Beautiful!! And I can't tell that you are excited or anything at all!!! You got to have her here early too! YAHOO!!! Congratualtions, I can't wait to see her in person!
Debbie Davis =0)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby! Enjoy every moment with her. Next thing you know, she'll be having babies of her own. :)
Sister Benson