April 24, 2008

Layla Felice Tarullo

Our baby was born! On Wednesday afternoon, Cara started contracting, and from about 5 pm to 7 pm they were coming hard and fast. We went to St Joseph's Hospital here in Denver, got admitted, and while we were sitting there in the delivery room, the resident comes up with an ultrasound machine and tells us that our little girl is breech! We needed to go in for a C-section right away! We were actually very excited about that, because the contractions were rocking Cara's world and the prospect of sitting around all night, having them get worse, with no set endpoint, was not very appealing to either one of us. So, we rushed into the OR, where Layla Felice was born at 9:33 pm! I got to be in there, sitting at Cara's head through the whole thing. I was tall enough to watch the operation over the drape, too, so I saw all of that as well. Cara and Layla both did great and they both are recovering well; everything went perfect. More stats: type A+ blood, 6 pounds, 14 ounces, and she is 18.25 inches tall. She's small, but because she wasn't smashed through a birth canal, her head is not all mushed up so she's beautiful. And she has great genetics. I'll post pics once we get out of the hospital.

10 comments:

Steph said...

YAY! I guess you didn't need my reflexology advice that I posted today.

I had an emergency c with my first and a scheduled c with my second, so we can talk shop on that sometime!

Can't wait to see pics. Oh, and beautiful name, btw!

Unknown said...

We are so excited for you! We can't wait to meet this little girl!

Oveson's said...

yea!!!! That is so awesome. If you guys need anything just let us know. That is sooo exciting. Congrads!! If you are going to stay home on sunday my husband could go in and help with your class. Just let us know.

The Reed Clan said...

Congrats on the babe. In the end what counts is that they arrive here safe and sound. Please let me know if you need anything. I'm still in the baby mode myself.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you 3! I can't wait to see what she looks like. Cara, I hope you are doing well. Love the name, by the way!

Hooray!

Christine said...

Congratulations - that's fantastic!! I'm glad that mom and baby are doing well - can't wait to see pictures!!

Rachel Jabaily said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Matt and I send our love and warmest wishes to your beautiful family. Late April birthdays are SO the way to go :) Eric Clapton plays only for you tonight...."got me on my knees" ... I'm back in L-town for Brads graduation in a month or so and I'd LOVE to come meet her! I'll call you... Good work!!!!!

Barb: said...

Yay! Happy Birthday to Layla! I am glad that you three are all doing alright and I can't wait to see pictures and to talk to you soon!

Becca said...

Oh my gosh, that's the way to do it. So glad you all are healthy and happy! You can't ask for any more. Who wants a cone head for a baby anyway... Mine were all cone-heads, they looked beautiful, but that's because I'm the mom and love them even if they look really strange!

Anonymous said...

yay layla!!!! love you guys!!!