- Slow weight gain - she only weighed 6 lbs 7 ounces
- Torticollis - she has an enlarged muscle on one side of her neck
- Hips - they were concerned that her hips were not fully in the socket
- Hearing loss - we actually found this out later but she failed her hearing screening in the hospital
Now after 8 weeks and many appointments to different specialists here is the update.
- Weight - She now is 12 lbs and in the 72%. She was previously in the 8%.
- Torticollis - After a visit to the physical therapists her condition is not very bad. She had full range of motion in her neck but does favor one side. So we just have to be aware and keep her turning her head to the bad side.
- Hips - We had an ultrasound of the hips and everything is normal.
- Hearing - We took her to have her hearing retested and she passed with flying colors in both ears.
Good news all around. Great job Layla!



6 comments:
Hooray for Layla! Great progress! She is just such a cute baby - I love her little nose in particular. Oh, and I'm glad you survived your trip!!
Yay! Way to go Layla!!
Hi Cara
The little t-shirt Layla is wearing is very suspicious. I hope the yellow is tie-dye and not something else entirely!
Ha! I thought the same thing Mom. I wondered why would Cara and Dave put up a picture of such a messy diaper? It must just be the angle.
Wow, commenting on my own blog.... the onesie is, like, yellow and orange tye-dye, and our old camera got the lighting wierd, and yes, it does look like she blew poo all over herself, but she didn't. Not in this picture, anyway, but this morning she did. All over me. And a white onesie. We should post a picture of that.
She's so cute! I'm glad she's doing so well!!!
Post a Comment