So today was Cara's birthday! She turned 27! We are both a little sad that she's much closer now to 30 than 20, but we still had a really good day. This morning we went and got some portraits of Layla done, in which none of them is she smiling and we had to plug her mouth with a bottle between each shot so she wouldn't tear up and go berserk. Then we opened presents, and then went to one of Cara's favorite stores, World Market, to shop around. We had a mini picnic under a tree over by Cherry Creek, and then started the real party. Cara grew up going to Lakeside Amusement Park as a kid, and just like when I turned 25 and wanted to relive my childhood by going to Casa Bonita, she wanted to relive hers and go to Lakeside. So we had a family party there, with her parents and sisters and my family and sibs too. It was really fun, the ghettoness was fully appreciated and I think the rides were more fun because you could see the broken bolts and rusted tracks..... it just makes the danger real.
Cara with her presents

Cara blowing out her cake....aka, a bowl of cherries. We're trying to eat healthier. Which is why you can see a bag of chips and a box of LemonHeads also on the table.

Kathy and Rod with their only granddaughter

Cami, Cara, and Suzy. Oh, and Layla, too. She almost got cut off, it was dark, and you couldn't see what you were taking a picture of until the flash went off.

Huzzah for birthdays!

Thanks everyone for coming and partying with us!
5 comments:
I am so glad your birthday was fun! Taylor and I wish we could have been there. love ya!
Happy birthday you ol folk!!! :) I can only say that because we are about the same age. Younger every day baby!! It looks like you had a great time!!
Happy belated birthday! You are all looking happy, healthy, and great! I am glad you are all supporting Lakeside, too--one of my favorite places ever!
Happy Birthday Cara!!! I'm glad I can find your blog and catch up on what your doing every once in a while!!!
Happy Birthday Cara! I love the pics, you are looking amazing for just having a baby! Fun idea reliving your childhood! I totally have fond/scary memories of Lakeside;)!
Post a Comment