September 25, 2011

Bad Night & Sweet Morning

I had a really bad night with Jade on Friday.  She went to bed at 7 PM (normal time) and slept until 11:30.  From 11:30-3:45 she alternating between screaming at the top of her lungs or throwing up because she was screaming so hard.  We also had a bath around 2 AM because of throw up.  Dave was gone on an overnight shift.  I cleaned up the throw up but could still sort of smell something.  So I went to sleep in Layla's room at 3:45.  At about 6:30 AM Layla woke up and tried to snuggle with me.  But I just wanted to sleep and told her that.

The next thing I remember is hearing Layla read stories to Jade in Jade's room.  She read- well recited "Moo, Baa, La La La."  I could hear her telling Jade everything would be OK and that Mama needed to sleep.  It was so amazing that Layla was helping to take care of me because she knew I was tired by taking care of Jade.

It turned my bad night into a really fantastic morning with a precious memory.

3 comments:

C said...

I LOVE the "sweet morning" moments, when I get to overhear something like that and you KNOW they get it! Awesome!

hopefully the nights have been better since!

Katie and Van said...

so cute--sorry you had such a horrible night. Love those little tender mercies that seem to help everything make a little more sense :)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh how sweet is that.