October 5, 2010

Jade the Whale

One of Layla's favorite movies is Finding Nemo. She is especially entertained when Dori and Marlin are stuck in the whale. She will make whale noises. Jade is one of the noisiest little babies I have ever met. She makes high screeching squeals at the fan, at her toys and at her sister. Well you can put two and two together. Layla now calls Jade a whale because of her noises. It is pretty cute.

Layla is starting to notice that we parent Jade a little different from her. Today Layla got put in time out because she screamed at me at the top of her lungs in frustration. Soon after she was in time out Jade started a high pitched cry. I picked Jade up. After Layla was done with time out I asked her why she received it. She said "Screaming" and then quickly added "Baby scream." I told her that the baby screams but she is too young to understand it is wrong. I asked Layla to apologize to me. She said "Baby say sorry." I told her that Jade was sorry. Layla refused to apologize because she didn't here Jade apologize. I was a little taken back and let Layla out of time out.



2 comments:

Jeni said...

Sometimes kids are so much smarter than you think they are! Sometimes they are too smart for their own good too! Or maybe they are too smart for our own good! ;)

Stacy said...

That's pretty cute, sometimes I feel that I have the loudest kids around. Boys just hit each other, rather than be clever with Mom.