December 7, 2009
I think Layla calls me Cara
During the past couple of months Layla has been working hard on learning to talk. She talks a lot and repeats what we say. But most of what I hear are vowel sounds all jumbled together. I think she is saying a lot more words than I understand. One of her favorite things is when she is able to identify something that is hers especially if I have the same item. For example sitting at the table if she has a sippy cup of water she loves it if I also have water. She will then sit there and touch her cup and say "Yayu" which is Layla. She will then touch my cup and say "Airwu." For a long time I couldn't figure out what she was saying. I thought she was saying "Mama." But then about two days ago she was sitting on the piano bench and needed help she started calling out really loudly "Airwu, airwu." I was in the other room and it clicked because it totally sounded like Cara. To test my theory, I stayed in the bedroom and Dave asked Layla "Where is Cara?" She came running in as fast as she could into the bedroom with a little finger pointed at me. I have since listened pretty intensely and am 85% sure that she calls me Cara.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is so funny!
that's darling!!
All evil step mothers get called by their first names don't they :)! My kids have called me my first name sometimes....but I gave them birth, so I won't let it happen. You can correct her when she's older. Aren't kids a kick? It's so fun to learn their little idiosyncrasies (did I spell that right?)
Ha ha! Well, maybe Dave needs to start calling you mama...? Kind of an awkward solution, but it just might work!
That is the funniest thing ever!! Merry Christmas to you all. We sent a Christmas card, but I'm not sure if we have the right address. I miss you Cara!!
Post a Comment