Dave started his rural rotation about a week ago. He was assigned to a tiny little town close to the Nebraska border called Haxtun. He lives in a nursing home attached to the hospital. This arrangement has actually been great for him because he works long hours and can call the nurse when he needs help with something (jk). He will be in Haxtun for a month. Layla and I are going to visit him this next weekend.
My classes started again. I am taking an organic evolution class. Right now I am trying to think of a good research topic to write a term paper on. Pehaps the role of chormosomes in speciation (the impact of chromosome rearrangment) or may be how altruism evovled. I could do something like the evolution of snake venom. I just don't know what I want to do yet. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Layla is doing great. She is now officially a walker. Two sessions of physical therapy seemed to do just the trick. She is also using more words everyday. She loves me a lot and will cling to me whenever there are strangers around. Sometimes if we have somebody visiting our house and she doesn't want them there she will have bye-bye at them until they leave. Also instead of saying yes, I can aske her a question and she grins to say yes. It is pretty cute.
Overall we are doing well. Layla and I are excited to go see Dave in Haxtun this Saturday.
1 comment:
Regarding your altruism idea, you should read the book "The Moral Sense." The author really goes into that, and it is really interesting.
Post a Comment