April 26, 2009

Layla's 1st Birthday

Layla less than one month oldLayla one year old

We celebrated Layla's 1st birthday this past week. On Thursday (her actual birthday) we went to the park twice, had pizza and enjoyed a strawberry cake.
On Saturday we had a big birthday bash for her with all our family. We were only missing three uncles and two aunts so that is pretty good!At the party we played Pin the Cheeks on Layla, predicted when she would walk and played Scene It-Layla Edition. We enjoyed cake and good food. It was quite a party. Layla was given a lot of gifts courtesy of her generous aunts, uncles, grandmas and grandpas. Thanks so much for everyone who came. We had a blast.
Layla playing with her cousins and Grandma Suzy.
Layla playing with her cousin Corey.

Layla's birthday cakes which she was not allowed to eat because we are trying to hold off on the sugar for as long as possible. Everyone else enjoyed them though.

The whole group

Layla with her newest cousin Drake, Aunt Cami and Grandma Kathy.

Layla opening one of the many presents she received.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun party! We are so sad we missed it. I love the attitude Layla is showing in one of those pictures! Love ya and miss you!

Oveson's said...

how fun happy birthday girly

Jamie & Ryan said...

It's hard to believe that your little girl is already a year old! Crazy how time flies!

Keri said...

I relly can't believe she is a year old already! Happy birthday, Layla!

Jeff said...

Hey congratulations. She is growing up so fast!!!

Stacy said...

I bet you never really comprehended how fun it would be now...It gets funner, I think. I love the age between one and two, I think it's one of the cutest times.