We spent one night in Florence and took a train to Rome. In Rome we saw the Colleseum, the Roman Forums, the Capitoline Museum, Vatican City, the Pantheon, and much, much more. I loved Rome. It was so cool to turn corners and see structures from Roman times through the Renissance that were all unique.






We were in Rome on Monday morning when the earthquake hit but we didn't even know that it had happened. We just slept through the tremors.From Rome we went to Herculeum and Pompei. These were amazing sites. In Pompei we got to see the casts of bodies. Pompei is so crazy it is huge because it really is a city that was buried by Mt. Vesuvius. I kept on looking at Mt. Vesuvius and I felt a little bit nervous about it. But Pompei was very cool.

Our next stop was a National Park called Cinque Terre. This is a series of five small villages along the coast. You can hike between the villages and it is incredibly beautiful.
Finally we ended our trip in Florence. In Florence we stayed with Dave's sister Jess, her husband Drew and their roommate Tyler. They were all so generous in letting us stay with them and we had a great time. They cooked us Italian food and we celebrated Easter with them. In Florence we visited Sienna, went to the Duomo, saw the David and went to Michelangelo Piazza.

Layla did great the whole time. She just bounced up and down in her stroller happily and smiled at all the Italians who came to talk to her. She would even take naps in her stroller. The Italians loved her. I think she suprised many of them because they would exclaim things like "What a big baby!" and "Look at those cheeks!" Drew would translate for us. We loved Italy.

7 comments:
That sounds so amazing! How long were you there? I love Italy, I had so much fun when I toured around there!!
I love all the pictures! It looks like an amazing place to visit. I still can't believe you didn't feel the earthquake!
Yea! What a trip!
Sounds like such a fun trip!!!
Cara,
So glad you had such a great time and that Layla did so good for you. You guys deserve to have a nice trip.
You went to Italy! How fun! It sounds and looks like you had an amazing time!
Cara, that picture of you and Layla on the steps is my very favorite. You look like a movie star.
Post a Comment