January 25, 2009

Cara's Dream Come True

So for as long as I've known Cara, she's always wanted to go snowshoeing, but has never been able to find someone to take her. I snowshoed once, back when I was, like, 9, and all I remembered was that it was suspiciously similar to hiking, except colder and slightly bowlegged. As luck would have it, though, it is also true that for as long as I've known my dad, he has also wanted to go snowshoeing, but could never find someone willing to go with him. Well, last week was a match made in heaven! I decided to go to, in case it turned out to be funner that I remembered.

And it was! We went up northwest of Fort Collins to Cameron Pass, where they had 3 feet of snow and perfect weather. We went for about 4 miles total, which doesn't sound like a lot, but that's just about long enough when you have tennis-racket things strapped to your feet.

Here we are all ready to go:


Cara and my dad, an action shot:


Yeah for Colorado! It was so pretty up there:


And for those of you who only tune in to see Layla, here she is eating a wood thing.

5 comments:

Lauren -HCP said...

Looks like fun-- makes me miss the mtns in CO!

Oveson's said...

Good job!!! I always wondered what it would be like to actually do it!!! Next winter that will be on the list with skiing and snowboarding...snowshoeing here I come!!!

Anonymous said...

Cara, I would go snowshoeing with your any time! I never knew that was your dream. Heck, we could have gone 10 years ago! By the way, that is one wild jacket you have! I love it!

Ken and Cari said...

Looks like fun, I'm glad you finally got to go!

Jamie & Ryan said...

I'm glad you guys had fun snowshoeing. Looks like it was a gorgeous day.
Oh, Colorado... I can't tell you how much I miss you...