January 13, 2009

Quest for the elusive KidCo Peapod

In preparation for our upcoming trip to Italy I have been racking my brain to figure out what the best sleeping arrangment would be for Layla. We will be sleeping in private room hostels, possibly nun covents, airports, airplanes and staying with Dave's sister. So to bring some consistency to Layla, I wanted to bring a portable crib or something that she could use every night. However, portable cribs are too big and bulky for our backpacking ways. On the lovely internet I found a great product that would work. It is a KidCo Peapod. Essentially a tent for a baby to sleep in. It folds up small and weighs only 5 lbs. It is perfect! It comes with an inflatible air mattress for the baby and even a mini sleeping bag.

But there is one small problem I can't find one. Of course I could order one off the internet but I am too cheap to pay the $12 shipping. I have looked at the used baby stores around, Wal-Mart and Target. The next stop is Babies R Us and Burlington Coat Factory.

In other news Dave learned how to do a female exam today. He used a speculum and everything. He got to practice on a 40 year old woman whose only job is to let med school students practice physical exams on her. Thursday is prostate exam today. Good luck Dave!

9 comments:

Steph said...

I didn't know you guys were going to Italy! That's so exciting. And were a little jealous. We love Italy and all it has to offer. (Brian went to Italy on his mission.)

Natalie said...

Good luck on your quest!! :D I know how frustrating it is to be constantly seeking and never finding. That is very exciting that you guys will be going to Italy, fantastic! Have fun and be safe! :D

Mum said...

Just wanted to say hello BEFORE you leave for Italy. I'm so far behind, I'll never catch up and you'll be gone...wanted to thank you for your cute Christmas message too. Thanks for thinking of us. Layla is very photogenic! What a beautiful baby.

Anonymous said...

What about REI or other camping stores? I would think they might. REI even sells strollers, so why not baby tents? Have fun on your trip!

Stacy said...

I doubt the normal stores have it, I would say REI or pay to ship :).

It must be some woman to let a bunch of med students give her a physical exam. I hope she is a believer, because I thought I was open after giving birth, but the thought of what she does makes me cringe a little. Bless her

Jamie & Ryan said...

Wow, Italy! Sounds fun! God luck on your search for the baby tent. :)

Ken and Cari said...

Italy will be a blast!! When are you going there and for how long? The whole exam thing does not sound too pleasant, I can't imagine letting that exam be done as a job, so funny the things we'll do for money!!

Becca said...

Wow, what a post. From Italy to Dave's first lady exam speculum and all. I am speechless (a rareity). Enjoy Italy, I'll keep an eye out for the 5 pound wonder, and a woman who let's students practice on her hopefully is getting paid a LOT of money. EEEWWWW.

Lichfield Family said...

That baby in the tent doesn't match the couple?!! Weird. Is that your baby?