If you cannot tell from the title this is going to be a political blog. So you have all been warned if you don't want to read it come back later when we have more pictures of Layla.
I recently joined the cause to restructure health care in America. The AMA (American Medical Association) has a great website where you can easily petition congress to make a change in the way health care is run in country. Just visit www.voicefortheuninsured.com .
I am a big supporter of a universal health care system. I consider it a necessary right for a person to be provided with doctors, medicine and operations when they are sick. And that they should be provided these services without being in danger of declaring bankruptcy. The US is considered number 37 in the world on overall health care compared to other countries. I just find it a little ironic that we the people of the US declare the right to assemble, we declare freedom of speech, and we even declare the right to have a lawyer present in all of our courts. But we won't declare the right to see a doctor when we are sick.
So if you are with me please visit www.voicefortheuninsured.com . If you disagree with me that is fine. I respect your opinion and admire you for believing in your convictions. I found that Frontline put out a great video on how other developed nations are using a more universal system but still incorporating democratic and capitalist ideals. If you are interested go to www.pbs.org click on the Frontline show and look for the documentary called "Sickness in America."
No comments:
Post a Comment