October 25, 2008
The Effects of Caffeine
I like soda. However, I know that it is terrible for me. It is like drinking carbonated sugar. I don't really like diet soda because of the taste. So I was excited to try Coke Zero and delighted to find out that the flavor is actually quite good. In a moment of weakness on Tuesday I bought myself a 2 liter of Coke Zero. That night I had a lot of trouble sleeping and there was an intense ringing in my ears. I got up in the middle of the night to find out what was wrong with me. I began reading a health manual and found out that caffeine can cause ringing in the ears. Colds, dental problems and brain tumors can also cause ringing in the ears. I decided to wait it out a few days to figure out if caffeine was the culprit. Indeed it was, the ringing in my ears stopped about 24 hours after I had that glass of Coke. So why am I thinking and writing about this right now? Because even though I know the effects of caffeine I drank Coke again tonight. I couldn't stand the thought of letting the 2 liter in my fridge go to waste. Now I am just waiting for the ringing to begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Our non-profit is publishing a book on recovery from caffeine addition. We are looking for stories of recovery from various caffeinated products, including coffee, tea, energy drinks, no doz pills, soda, etc. Authors of the stories will be kept completely anonymous. This book is being written to help others who may be suffering from an addiction to caffeine and may identify with someone's story and seek help. Stories are ideally between 2,000 and 4,000 words total. If you or someone you know has struggled with caffeine addiction, this is a great opportunity to reach out and help others. All participants will receive a free copy of the book, once it is published. Please email us at nocaf4me@xemaps.com or visit www.CaffeineAwareness.org
Pour that Coke out. It would be better to feed it to the drain than for you to suffer!!!
no!!!!! mom how could you say that?!?!!?
Cara, it's stacy zamarron, saw your blog link on another ward members blog.
I love Coke, I drink it about once a month. Well...maybe two times. I especially feel guilty when I am pregnant.
I read something written by a doctor talking about why doctors don't follow their own advice :).
Something like, we all know what we should do, but funny how it's hard to get it into everyday living, like eating right when we're busy.
Hope your doing good, Stacy
Boy, can I ever relate! I tried diet soda for a while but got awful migraines from the artificial sweetners. Thus, I am back to my old vice. Cursed soda!
As a humble dentist of only 6 months I believe soda in general is wretched for your mouth and the rest of your body. -not counting root beer with a scoop of ice cream on a once a month basis :) -Derrick
Post a Comment