June 15, 2008

Busy Week and Father's Day

We've had a lot happen this past week. First of all, my brother Braden came home from his mission in Santa Rosa California! We have not seen him for two years, and he gets to come home to two new neices and a new brother-in-law. Here he is meeting Layla for the first time:


It was a time full of awkward hugs! Hooray! But it was really good to see him again.


So cute!


Then, I went with my friend Dan to Chicago for a few days to go the American Medical Association Medical Student Section national meeting, which was really fun! We stayed in a highrise hotel on the Chicago River near Navy Pier, and ate a lot of free food at all the fancy receptions that doctors held. I don't have any photos of that yet, so you'll have to imagine it.

And then, on Father's Day, we blessed Layla at church! Thanks to Quentin, Rod, Derrick, Braden, Travis, and Kyle for standing in! Here's some photos of us that day.

The two loves of my life:


She was staring at something up there, but I certainly didn't see anything.


Family photo:


Caylee helped us get her ready that morning, she was actually a big help.


This was actually from some other day, but I thought she had a cute expression on her face here. She's actually graduated from this basket! She started out in the white laundry basket, then moved up to sleeping in the bigger, brown laundry basket, but now she's a little to big for that one, too! We borrowed a little swing/chair/bed/hammock thing from Cara's sister Celeste, and by the time she's too big for that, she'll have finally graduated to sleeping in her crib! Sleeping all through the night? Keep your fingers crossed.....

6 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations to Layla! We're sorry we couldn't make it to the blessing this morning but we're glad we got to see pictures. I'll email you the pictures from Chicago soon.

Oveson's said...

Congrads she looked beautiful in her dress. By the way I loved your sharing time in primary that was awesome!!!

cassie said...

No I probably won't start interviews until late august or september. By the way, thank you so much for the gifts you sent for Riley. They were just what we needed. Cassie made you guys a thank you card, but we are a little slow getting it out. Keep the pics of Layla coming, she's getting big fast!

The Reed Clan said...

What a great thing to have so much family there for the blessing! I understand about being so excited that your child starts doing things. We have a different perspective with our second, Nathaniel than we do Steven. "Oh great, he can roll over. He can grab things now, oh no, he's going for the remote." Just kidding. We love them both and their accomplishments.

Ken and Cari said...

Love the family photo!

Anonymous said...

Wow! She looks totally different than when I met her a few weeks ago. Congrats all around--on the 10 lb. milestone, the first Father's Day, and most of all, Layla's blessing!