January 3, 2008
Bloodsuckers
So, today at school I learned how to draw blood! It was exciting. We paired up and practiced on each other, trying to get a tube full with a butterfly needle. The dude I was with used to work in a lab, so had a lot of experience, so he gave me some good pointers. Then, he proceeded to miss my vein! Hah hah! So he stuck my other arm and everything went well. Then I tried on him, and got it on the first try, I was pretty proud of myself. Nevermind that he was a weightlifter with arms the size of treetrunks and veins as wide as a subway tunnel; I imagine it might be a little harder with people in the general population. Later in the unit we are gonna analyze our own blood, for cell counts and whatever else, so that will be fun. If I discover I have some strange blood-borne disease, I'll be sure to let you all know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment