Adam
Adam is growing so big! He now smiles on a regular basis. He also blow happy spit bubbles and makes noises like "Gah." He continues to be a great baby. He loves to be held, to eat, and oddly to lay on his changing table. We all just adore this little guy.
Jade
Jade loves to be like her big sister. She follows Layla around and gets upset if she is not doing what Layla is doing. She is very funny and interactive. When Jade gets frustrated she likes to make a horse noise with her lips. It is really cute that is how she takes out her frustrations. I was getting ready for Mother's Day a few days ago. I asked Jade why she loved her grandmas. She told me "I love Grandma Kathy because ..." or "I love Grandma Suzy because ..." I was very impressed with her ability to rephrase a question and use it in her answer. When I was teaching I knew many student 13 year old students that didn't do that.
Layla
Layla turned 5 on April 23rd! She was very excited for her birthday and had a wonderful day. She wanted to go to CiCi's Pizza for dinner to have macaroni and cheese pizza. Layla is a great big sister. She is very patient and loves to play fairies and princesses with Jade. Lately she has been really into unicorns too. When she eats something she likes she proclaims "dee - li - cious!" It makes a cook feel good.
Cara
I am enjoying being a mom to three. The recovery from having a baby has been so smooth. I attribute most of that to Adam's good night time sleeping habits. I recently re-enrolled in my Master's degree program. I will be taking a class Ecologic Anthropology for the next 8 weeks. The class is based on Jared Diamond's book Guns, Germs and Steel. I am really looking forward to working on my masters again. I loved doing it before. In the fall I am going to take Biostatistics. The plan is to just keep taking one course at a time until I am finished. It should take about 18 months.
Dave
Dave is busy with his residency schedule. If you haven't heard is has been elected to be Chief Resident starting in July. He is one of three chiefs for his residency program. This new position will give him more administrative duties. He has been put in charge of the monthly M&M conference. M&M does not stand for chocolaty goodness it stands for morbidity and mortality. During the conference the residents discuss poor patients outcomes and quality improvement. He finds the cases, presents them and runs the discussion. It is actually three conferences a month one with the surgery residents, one with internal medicine and one emergency medicine. He recently turned in his medical license application too. So that means he will be eligible to start moonlighting in July. If he can squeak in some time to do this it will mean more money for us. I am grateful for Dave and the amazing job he does at being a Dad and husband despite such a demanding schedule.
1 comment:
So cute!! I love how your cute little family has multiplied and are so adorable. :D
Post a Comment