Here are a few recent conversations I have had with Jade. All these conversations happened today.
While in the bath trying to wash her hair
Cara: Do you want to lay down or have water poured over your head?
Jade: No, no
Cara: Do you want to lay down to wash hair?
Jade: No, I dance
She then danced and stood up and tried to jump while in the bathtub.
While having a snack before bed time
Cara: It is time for bed.
Jade: No I am still eating. I am eating and eating and eating.
Cara: Ok when you finish eating it is time for bed.
Jade: No I want cookies. I want cookies. I love cookies.
Cara: No cookies, you need to go to bed.
Jade: I run. No bed. Layla sleeping. Eat my food.
This is all said in a very nice playful voice while shaking her head back and forth.
Having a conversation about Dave
Jade: Layla hide and seek (Layla likes to hide when someone comes home)
Cara: Layla plays hide and seek?
Jade: Daddy not home. Daddy at temple. Daddy at church.
Cara: Are you waiting for Daddy?
Jade: I look out the window. Come and look. RRRRR
Cara: Are you a dinosaur?
Jade while holding a doll: Baby a scary t-rex
Then the doll ate me and she said "yum, yum, yum, your a kitty cat."
She is such a fun little kid. I don't always understand what she says but I am understanding more and more and it is funny! From listening to her I have also discovered she is a negotiator, distracter, and staler.
1 comment:
Holy cow! She's a talker! Link is not even close to that! I got excited today when he said two words together..."Mama's head" while patting my head. Big step forward! I miss you and your lovely little family!!!
Post a Comment