We have been having a really great October so far and the best parts are yet to come.
| Jade eating |
| Layla playing in the jump house at the race. |
| Cara coming into the end of the race. |
| Pre Halloween trying on the costumes. |
We planted a garden in early August. Even though it was really late in the season we wanted to see if we could get anything to grow. Our pumpkin and bean plants have gone bonkers! They have definetly grown. Yesterday, I harvested about 20 yellow wax beans with lots more on the stalks growing. We also trimmed down our pumpkin plants from this picture. I don't think the pumpkins will be ready for Halloween. But may be I can make pumpkin pie filling out of them for Thanksgiving.
We made this fort for the girls today. They are having a great time playing in it.
Here are a few other updates on what everyone is up to:
Dave- Currently working the anesthesiology rotation. This is a very easy schedule. With his extra time he is catching up on sleep, giving me a break from the girls, exercising, and writing an article that will probably be published on brown recluse spider bites.
Cara - I got my little job with Mad Science. I teach after school science programs about 2-4 times a week. I am only gone for 2 hours each time. It is a great job for me. I am enjoying Dave being home too. I recently finished compiling my grandparents history. This was a three year project that turned out to be a very sweet experience in my life. I learned a lot and have been changed by their example.
Layla - Playdates, playdates, playdates! Layla has lots of friends here in KC. She has a playdate 1-3 times a week. She also loves going to parks, working on writing her letters and being a great big sister. She helps take care of Jade all the time. Recently, she has started a job chart that focuses on some areas she needs a little improvement in. She is doing awesome! She gets a sticker each time she is successful and is building sticker towers. She now is an expert at going potty by herself, staying in bed all night, eating her vegetables and cleaning her room.
Jade - Walking, talking, and interacting. This little girl has finally decided to try walking out. She will take 1-6 steps at a time! It is fun to see how excited she gets. She also says a lot of words: doggie, banana, let's go, hot, mama, dada, Layla, more, bottle and she growls too. She is very vocal and is making some sort of noise all the time. She has started to color and gets very upset if she thinks she is being left out of something.
We still have a lot of fun in October to go. This weekend we are going to Nauvoo. The next week Celeste, Travis and the boys are coming to visit. Then, it is Halloween. What a great month!
4 comments:
The girls are so cute Cara! It sounds like you guys are having a great October. What a great activity for conference! I may have to try that out in the spring! We miss you guys! Glad you're doing so well!!
What a fun month! Your little garden really has blossomed, hasn't it? Yay for Jade! I knew she'd get there soon. :) and rock on you for doing your 10k. That's awesome!
Awesome job in the race!!! We are SO EXCITED to come for a visit!!! See you soon!
That's awesome that you did a race! Maybe someday I will learn to tolerate running. :) The girls are so cute. I love the General Conference activity idea. Maybe we can do that in the spring!
Post a Comment