February 18, 2011

2011 Updates

Here is a little update of our 2011 so far

Dave is anxiously anticipating Match Day. He finished his 11 interviews and ranked his choices for residency. Now it is just a waiting game until March 17 when we find out which residency program we are getting. He ranked Loma Linda CA as number 1. We will see what happens. Currently he is working an anestheology rotation. He enjoys putting breathing tubes down people's throats. I think it sounds disgusting but I am glad he enjoys what he does.

Cara I started my classes again after a little break when Jade was born. This semester I am taking Functional Morphology. Which basically does a survey of different organisms and looks at how their physical structures relate to function. So far I have learned about single celled flagellum, ascomycete (a type of fungus) sacs and fruiting bodies (FYI truffles are ascomycetes), and how root structure and root architecture impacts nutrient uptake in plants. It is a fun class. It is pretty simple and basic which is nice. I am also working hard as YW President. I have the most awesome YW. I am excited to go see several of them perform in Guys and Dolls next week at their high school. I try to maintain a good schedule with Layla and Jade too. We sold our second car about a month ago. So we get to go on many walks to the park and library. It is really refreshing to not use a car. It reminds me of when I lived in Russia and we walked everywhere.

Layla is an awesome little girl! She loves to dance. We put music on several times everyday and she will dance around. She has all sorts of "tricks" like kicking her legs and spinning. She also loves to draw and makes pictures of our family all the time. She has just begun having playdates. She does a great job running around with her friends. But probably needs a lesson or two in sharing.
Jade is working on creating more fat rolls :) She also loves to grab everything in sight and put things in her mouth. She is a noisy baby that is either laughing or screaming pretty much all the time. She is now eating solid foods and loves canned pears but does not tolerate green beans.

7 comments:

Brenna said...

Holy rolls, Jade!!!!!!!!!!

C said...

Awesome bum Jade! I LOVE it!

Layla is adorable (and what 2 year-old doesn't need a lesson or tow on sharing???)

Natalie said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! Love the rolls! Your girls are getting so big and so adorable!!
Awesome about school Cara, gosh I envy your brains!!
Fingers crossed for Dave and his top picks. Love seeing you guys at church all the time. :D

Unknown said...

Hahahah LOVE IT!!!!!!

Stacy said...

Cara, I hope you get to live somewhere cool and I think that witha few annoyances my life might be actually better without a car. Jade looks like such a happy baby and I'm glad Layla knows some tricks. Hope you guys continue to do well.

Jamie & Ryan said...

Ah, match day. It's almost here! I'm tired of waiting. I'm sure you guys are too!

kathytarullo said...

wow that's cute Cara you have really cute girls