September 9, 2010

Cara's Bucket List

I still haven't seen the movie but I have been thinking about my bucket list lately. This probably has something to do with the fact that I am currently writing my grandparent's history. They have a really cool life. Full of travel, adventure, invention, love and laughter.

I have learned a few things from working on their history. First, the importance of being friendly. My grandparents always make friends wherever they go. For the past week I have been trying to be a little friendlier. My efforts have paid off. I have met a nice lady named Vera that lives in my apartment complex. Today I met a nice lady named "Dollar Bill" at the park. She is Indian and has another name. But told me her name was too hard to pronounce and to call her "Dollar Bill."

I have also learned that it is important to take advantage of opportunities that life offers. I don't do things a lot because I am insecure or worried about the consequences on others. I am going to try to take more advantage of living.

So a few things for my bucket list. This is just a start. I know there will be more.
1. See the Northern (or Southern) Lights
2. Ride on a dog sled
3. Visit as many national parks as possible

2 comments:

Dave said...

I'm gonna try to do those things, too.

Brenna said...

Sometimes you can see the Northern Lights in Coeur d'Alene! That's it, you have to come up there with us sometime, so you can see the Northern Lights.......and hang with terrific company and enjoy lovely Northern Idaho. It's settled then.