Dave
Dave has been working in the Obgyn department at University Hospital in Aurora. After a couple weeks of doing procedures none of us want to think about he was assigned to help deliver babies. Last week he came home and told me he helped to deliver 7 babies in one day! That is pretty impressive. I think he has enjoyed working with babies. I know I have enjoyed hearing these stories versus the other Obgyn procedures he learned.
He also has been preparing his schedule for his last year of med school. This is a little bit stressful. But I know everything will work out.
In addition to the insane hours he puts in for med school he finds time to spend with Layla and I. He is a great dad and a great husband. I am grateful for all the hardwork he puts in.
Cara
I have been very busy this past month. Several things have happened that has increased my work load. First, I was called to be YW President in my ward. I have been working in the YWs as a counselor but a president is much busier. I am excited about this calling. I love the YW in my ward and believe in the program. But it is very busy.
Second, my class load is hard this semester. I am enrolled in two classes. The first is easy. It is Introduction to Graduate Studies. It basically covers how to do research. The second class more than makes up for the first class' ease. It is ecology. I took it thinking that it would be easy but a good review of basic principles. What I have learned is that I never truly knew what ecology was. It is biostatistics applied to impossible to determine biological principles. On average I have about 100 pages to read for this class, 3 hours of lecture, about 75 discussion posts to read, and a paper to write every week. This would be OK if the principles taught were easy to understand. But they are not. I think biostatistics would be a good prerequisite for this class. But I have learned a lot so far. I also am trying to set-up my research project which I will start in the fall. I am going to look at the best way to reintroduce two rare, threatened plants to a new environment because their habitat is being destroyed. I am working with the Denver Botanic Gardens. It is a research project they need done. I am excited to start.
Third, Layla has become an active toddler who wants her moms attention every waking minute. Basically, if she is awake she is only happy if she has my full attention or if she is watching a movie. We try hard to limit movies. So that means I only get to work on my other stuff when she is napping or down for the night. Luckily she is a great and consistent sleeper and I can count on that time. I do allow her one movie a day so I can work out and shower.
Despite my busy schedule. I am very happy. I really am blessed.
Layla
Layla has turned into quite the toddler. Lately, she has truly perfected her skills in putting puzzles together. We have 7 wooden puzzles. We keep all the pieces in one box. She is able to sort the pieces and put all 7 puzzles together. She is the puzzle master! Here is a picture of her before she puts the pieces in the puzzle.
She also loves to dance. I took a video of her dancing tonight. I was going to put it up on the blog but it never loaded. Oh well, just know that it is hilarious! Mostly she dances by running in place with high knees.
She is working on talking and seems to learn a new word everyday which she promptly forgets and never uses again.
Layla is a great little girl. She is obedient, inquisitive and loving. This last picture is of just before church on Sunday. She picked out her hat and necklace to go with her outfit.
I am 20 weeks pregnant (Due July 9) and we will find out the gender of the baby on Wednesday. Stay posted and we will put it up. I feel great. I feel the baby move everyday now. We are excited for the new baby. But I am glad we still have several months to prepare for its arrival.
3 comments:
Congratulations! You certainly have been busy!!! Good luck on your class! :)
Love the new post. You are an inspiration to me with all the things you are able to accomplish. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to find out what the baby will be! Layla is amazingly cute and it seems like she gets cuter every picture I see of her!
Wow, you are one busy woman! Good job at juggling so many things! I am impressed!
Post a Comment