June 27, 2009

Haircut and June updates

Today Dave and I went jogging in Cherry Creek Reservoir State Park and it was amazing! I loved it. But after our run I looked at my hair. It was a disaster. I had little curly hairs everywhere mixed with long sun damaged pieces. Sometimes when my hair gets like this it looks similar to a scraggly lion's mane. So with a little push from Dave I went down to the local Supercuts and got a new haircut. I told the lady who cut my hair that I am not afraid of short hair and showed her a style I liked. I wanted something asymmetrical and someway to deal with my little fly away pieces. This is what we came up with.

In the background are our new curtains that Suzy, Dave's mom helped us make. Thank you Suzy! We love our curtains.

Layla is working on walking and talking. She can walk holding on to one of us now. Enjoy this cute video. She talks really well when Dave is around. She can say more, Daddy, and down. I have also heard her say other words like duck and out but she doesn't say those consistently. She loves to go to the park and be around other kids.

Dave finished his pediatric rotation. He will be working in neurology for a month then it is on to the psych ward. He works long hours but is getting really good exposure to different fields of medicine.I am working on finishing my summer classes. I should be done by July 5th. My fall classes will start at the beginning of September. Other than that I spend my time training for a half marathon and hanging out with Layla.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your new hair cut is so cute! I love it! Layla is adorable! I loved the video. The last picture of you and Layla is awesome!

Jeff said...

Your hair Look amazing!!!! Your little girl is growing up fast so fast!!!

Stacy said...

I like your hair too...

Natalie said...

Fun! I love the new haircut!! Kuddos to you guys go doing so well with school. :D Layla is a doll!

Keri said...

Before you know it, Layla will be saying "anthropogenic noise."

Barb: said...

Way cute hair! I love the asymmetry. Also, congrats on starting your masters--that is really awesome. And when is your half marathon? Layla is so cute! We need to talk on the phone soon--it's been too long!