

On recommendation of my sister, we went hiking to Castlewood Canyon. This small state park is about 40 minutes away from us but is a gem! Basically it has a series of small trails that go down to the bottom of a small canyon with Cherry Creek running through it. It is beautiful! We saw two baby snakes, two toads, and lots of grasshoppers. There is also part of an old dam that is pretty cool.
This was Layla's first hike. We put her in the front pack and she loved to be carried along as we did all the work. She did get a little impatient after about 90 minutes of hiking. She wanted food and was not getting it as we walked along. I was nervous about exposing her skin to sun. So we lathered her up with 55 SPF and came away with no sunburns. It was a great hike.
1 comment:
Sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait until I can take Riley out on hikes. I'm not sure what I'm doing in that first picture. I think I was watching the olympics.
Post a Comment