
So this last Saturday was the first time that Cara felt the baby move! We were driving around in some uncharacteristically foggy weather and Cara said she felt a fluttering, like "a bubble, but not where you would expect to feel a bubble." Hooray! Our kid is alive! We find out a week from today whether our first offspring is a girl or a boy. We have two neices on the Price side and two nephews on the Tarullo side, so either way, it will be the first grandchild of that gender for one of the sets of grandparents. Here is Cara looking as beautiful as always standing next to our apartment-sized Christmas tree; the baby is in the picture somewhere, but it's hiding. Cara also got a new job at church, as the president of the Primary! Which means she is in charge of all the kid's classes. Teaching kids all day during the week, then being in charge of them all Sunday, all on top of soon having our own? She'll become an expert in no time at all.
Dave just finished his first semester of medical school! Feels good to be, what, 1/8th finished? He's not quite done yet, actually... this week he's working in the Internal Medicine department at University Hospital, but there's no test or anything so the semester might as well be over. In other news, tragic news, the eyesight in his right eye has degraded some and so he's back in glasses. Bleh.... slightly annoying to have had LASIK surgery and to be back wearing spectacles anyways. We can't afford surgery again right now, so it was either glasses or an eyepatch as a temporary fix.

2 comments:
I can't wait to see you guys in person in a couple weeks! I'm glad you have a blog now so that I can spy on you.
Cara, you look fantastic! You are one of those glowy pregnant people, you lucky duck! Anyways, it sounds like you took on even MORE responsibility in taking the job at church, so who knows when I will ever se eyou? I want to see you very soon...please let me know when you have a free afternoon or something and I will drive out to see you! ~Keri
Post a Comment