December 17, 2007
It's a........baby!
So Cara had her 20 week ultrasound today. We went in, and the baby was somersaulting around so much that the technician had to keep searching around to get a good look at the stuff the doctor wanted to see. It was pretty cool, we say the spine, ribcage, bladder; the baby had its arms up like it was blocking punches in a prizefight and kept kicking at the inside of the uterus. Here's some photos! Not the highest quality, but ultrasounds are all gray and grainy anyways so it doesn't matter much. In the first one you can see the face, looking toward you, with the big fat belly to the left of it. The baby's arm is seen in cross-section, like its extending out towards you. The face kinda looks like some alien skull thing, but in the next one it looks more like a kid. You can see the baby in profile, looking off to the left, with a little nose and big poochy lips. The coolest sight, a picture of which the technician did not give us, was one where we could see all four chambers of the heart, all beating together. Anyways, come April 29th, for sure we'll be parents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Hey, I found you guys and love your blog. thank you for having a girl. Shall we talk about which one of my sons shall marry our daughter? Just kidding! CONGRATULATIONS! What a great experience.
Congratulations Cara and Dave! I'm really really excited for you. This is the best news.
babies are fantastic! best thing i ever did, besides marry kris, was have a baby. so glad to hear you are well! and hey, let's link blogs...
nationsofjorgensen.blogspot.com
oh, just kidding. i'm linked on your's but your not linked on mine...i'm fixing that immediately.
Hi! I don't know who Rebecca is, but I'm thinking that Nash might be some competition for your daughter's hand in marriage someday :).
Congratulations--it will be so fun to have a girl!
Ah, I can't believe it! I had no idea about the good news until Jeff showed me this blog! This is very exciting, Cara and Dave! Happy New Year!!!
Post a Comment