
So, being a financially-challenged medical student faced with the prospect of over $180,000 in debt, we have tried to make and/or save money in any way we could. Living so close to a research hospital, there is a high demand for human research subjects... you do the math, I'm sure you would come up with the same conclusion I did. Anyways, I got paid $150 to sit in an MRI machine for an hour on two separate occasions, tapping a little button with my finger while the technicians looked to see if the medicinal patch on my arm was affecting my synapses or not. I asked them for a copy of all the pictures they took, and the obliged by providing me with 175 slices of the inside of my head, 4 or which you can see here. How cool! My skin felt a little tingly in the MRI, but that was about it. I tried to activate only certain synapses in a pattern that would spell out "Hello!" in order to surprise the technician, but that level of biologic control is attainable only by Hindu fakirs and Tibetan monks, apparently. Not only that, I am not sure what side they look at the slices from, so the message may well have been spelled out backwards, if I got it to work at all. Anyways, it looks like I have a healthy brain!
No comments:
Post a Comment