
Well, we just had our Thanksgiving weekend. We went to Cara's parents' house, along with all her sisters and grandparents. Aunt Cindy and Uncle Don came up just for dinner on Thursday. I can't remember the last time we had a cold, snowy, and cloudy Thanksgiving; memories of Turkey Bowls from countless years past always seem to be sunny and slightly warm, even if all the grass is dead and there's no leaves on the trees. We finally turned the heat on in our apartment. Anyways, it was a whirlwind weekend, with 15+ people lodging at the Tarullo's house. I've always liked Thanksgiving, just because it doesn't seem to be as commercialized as the holidays that surround it. Halloween decorations pop up in late august, and Christmas ones appear in mid-october. I can't even remember a place selling Thanksgiving decorations... maybe a shelf or two of turkeys and pilgrims at the local dollar store, but that's it. The day seems more about lazing around and stuffing yourself stupid. My kind of holiday.
Regardless, now we can start on Christmas. We are totally on top of things this year, we have most of our Christmas shopping done already, and those things we don't have yet are on order or at least planned out. We are sending out Christmas postcards this year; last year we were out of the country and never got around to it. So, that's the plan for this afternoon anyway. How thrilling, I know.
Anyway, I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment