April 15, 2011






Our life is getting crazy but crazy in a wonderful sort of way. We are going through a transition period right now in so many ways.


  • We have bought a house in KC! We are way excited about it. Actually the deal is not done yet. The closing date is May 31st. But everything looks set so I am sure it will happen. The house is beautiful, has three bedrooms, and is very close to the new KC temple. Another bonus as part of the negotiations the sellers are giving us all their furniture.

  • Layla is learning and growing. She started going to an at home preschool. She is learning how to write her name and all the sounds that letters make.

  • Layla and I are also learning how to communicate with each other a little bit better. It is fun having an almost 3 year old (on the 23rd). Last night I got frustrated with her. I didn't yell but she could tell I was angry. After I had cooled down I went in and apologized. She and I had a really sweet conversation about how I will try not to be angry. But then she said "I will try not to whine and cry." She recognized what she did wrong and we agreed to work together. It was really amazing to talk to her like that.

  • Jade is getting really great at imitating. She can wave, clap, touch your nose, and says "mamama" when she wants to eat. She also really wants to move. Although she hasn't figured out the crawling thing yet.

  • Dave is almost an MD! We can't believe it. But it is exciting that after 8 years of school he is about to be done and get a real job.

  • We are moving to KC in about 2 months. It will be exciting and sad to leave CO. But we know KC is the place for our family right now. It is so good to receive that confirmation. We know we will be more than great there. We are going to be awesome.

Oh and here is a little random fact from my class. Box jellyfish have 24 eyes. 8 of them are complex camera-type eyes.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

What a sweet post! Cara, congratulations on the house! That is so great that you get furniture too. I hope that we will feel as confident as you guys do with where we match. Tell Layla "Happy Birthday" from us!! I cannot believe she is three. When we first met you guys she was just a little baby!

Steph Price said...

Holy Michlin baby!!